What does a Usability Tester do?
He or she conducts a usability test on a site.
Why do website owners need Testers?
To reveal usability problems on their sites.
What's a sample test, and why do I need to take one?
The sample test is to show us that you can speak your thoughts into the microphone, and that you do have a microphone of your own. Based on this sample test, you'll get the first rating that will determine if—and how often—you'll get to do our usability tests.
What makes a good Tester?
Click on the video to watch a really helpful usability tester.Become a Tester Earn $10 per Test
A good Tester can provide useful information on a site's usability. In a few words:
We DO NOT want a Tester:
- Just reading what the site says (we already know what's on the site.)
- Telling us everything is OK.
- Showing off how good she is and how easily and fast she can do it.
- Flattering the site. However, if he's really impressed with something, he can say so.
- Going out of the scenario, or not performing the required tasks.
We NEED the Tester to:
- Speak her thoughts on the microphone.
- Tell us what confuses him, and what attracts his attention.
- Explain what and why she does what she does on the site.
- Propose something that would help him perform the required task.
- Provide useful comments.
- Perform the required tasks according to the test scenario.
- Speak loudly and clearly on the microphone.
- Thoroughly answer the questions in writing, at the end of the test.
For some people, that's naturally easy to do; others may need some practice. Watch the video on the right to get the feeling of what kind of feedback we need.
How do I get paid, and how much?
For each test you conduct after the initial sample test, you get paid $10 at the end of each week, via PayPal. If you don't have a PayPal account, you can create one here.
How much can I earn per month as a Tester?
The amount of money you can earn depends on how well you speak your thoughts into the microphone, and how useful your usability remarks can be. Also, the amount of tests you get assigned depends on the amount of orders we have. For each test you perform, you get rated by the site's owner. Your overall rating determines the amount of tests you'll be assigned. Anyhow, we don't suggest quitting your regular job, but good testers can earn up to $100-$200 per month.
What hours during the day are tests being performed?
Notifications to testers about available tests are sent when an order for a test is placed. Orders may be placed at any time of the day (or night). If you don't start the test when you receive the notification, another tester will be assigned to it. Not taking tests that are assigned to you doesn't negatively affect your rating.
Who's behind UserFeel.com?
UserFeel.com was created by Netstudio.gr, a Web Design firm in Athens, Greece, to help its clients run usability tests.
How do I become a Tester?
To become a Tester, you need to register and take the sample test.
When will my sample test get rated?
It depends on the amount of new testers applying. It can take between 7 days to 2 months.
For more questions, you can contact us.